WHAT ARE THE JUDGES LOOKING FOR?
The Women’s Beach Body Class (previously known as Bikini Fitness) is perfect if you compete in Bikini classes and prefer the standard bikini posing rules. This class is very much focussed on the competitors physique. The judges are looking for lean condition without showing very clear full abs definition and a flowing physique where your upper body matches with your lower body so you have no lagging body parts. You should still show excellent stage presence and a effortless presentation.
20% Stage Presence
25% Symmetry & Shape
- Open to all ages.
- Female bikinis are to be 2 pieces bikini.
- Always go for a bikini that best suits you. Look at the colour, style and materiel. Always remember – your physique is on show, don’t let the bikini outshine you.
- No G-strings or thongs allowed please. You will be scored down if this is the case.
- No props or gum are permitted on stage.
- Lying on the floor is prohibited.
- No bumping or shoving. Anyone involved in any aggressive behaviour will be disqualified.
- Competitor numbers to be worn on the left hand-side of your bottoms.
Round 1: I Walk
You will perform 1 pose at the first point followed by 4 poses at the final point which will be closest to the judges in the best light. YOU MUST only do 4 poses. If you exceed this number you will be told to return to the line-up. Please note THIS IS NOT freestyle posing. Your I-Walk is standard Bikini Posing Rules. See the 1/4 turns below.
Round 2: Comparisons (Quarter Turns)
Pose 1: Competitors will stand with one hand on the hip and one leg slightly moved to the side.
Pose 2: Side Pose. Either hand on hip with remaining arm staging down. No restrictions which foot you lead with.
Pose 3: Stand with their back to the judges. Legs apart, but not too wide apart (see picture below), one hand on the hip. Stay upright, no curved back or sticking out of the bottom.
Pose 4: Side Pose. Either hand on hip with remaining arm staying down. No restrictions which foot you lead with.
Pose 5: Return facing the judges.
Round 3: 30 Seconds Pose Down (if requested by judges)
Click on the links below for I-Walk examples:
Overall Pro Women’s Champion – Alexandra
Junior Beach Body Champion – Emily
Bikini Beach Body Runner-Up – Alex