WHAT ARE THE JUDGES LOOKING FOR?
The Beach Body (previously named Men’s Physique) category has been designed for the competitors who want to be judged on there full physique alone. The judges are looking for the complete physique, full muscles, lean condition, wide shoulders, full chest and of course…good legs! You should still have the stage presence to best showcase your physique.
- All Masters Over 35s Categories – 35yrs and over
- All Men’s Fitness Categories: Swim Shorts
- No props or gum are permitted on stage.
- Lying on the floor is prohibited.
- No bumping or shoving. Anyone involved in any aggressive behaviour will be disqualified.
- Competitor numbers to be worn on the left hand-side of your bottoms.
Round 1: I Walk
You will perform 1 pose at the first point followed by 4 poses at the final point which will be closest to the judges in the best light. YOU MUST only do 4 poses. If you exceed this number you will be told to return to the line-up. THIS IS NOT freestyle posing. You are restricted to Men’s Physique rules. This means only:
- Front pose with one hand on hip, both hands on hips or no hands on hips (arms must not be raised above shoulder height)
- Side pose with one hand on hip or no hands on hips (arms must not be raised above shoulder height)
- Back pose with one hand on hip or no hands on hips (arms must not be raised above shoulder height)
Round 2: Comparisons (Quarter Turns)
All quarter turns are performed with one hand on your hip. You can choose which hand is on which hip.
Pose 1: Front Pose Hand on Hip
Pose 2: Side Pose Hand on Hip
Pose 3: Back Pose Hand on Hip
Pose 4: Side Pose Hand on Hip
Pose 5: Front Pose Hand on Hip
Round 3: 30 Seconds Pose Down (if requested by judges)
Click on the links below for I-Walk examples:
Men’s Beach Body Champion – Kyle